The INDCOR Core Group invites applications to host and organize the ComplexityJam vol 2. in 2021. ComplexityJam is an international online game jam organized in the framework of INDCOR. The first edition took place between May 29 – June 5 2020 with the participation of 12 international universities and almost 80 participants, hosted on itch.io.
A jury of renowned international professionals and scholars, including Janet Murray and Lindsay Grace (former president Global Game Jam) selected the winning entries. In 2020 the game jam’s main coordinators were:
– Ágnes Karolina Bakk (INDCOR Core Group member), on the behalf of Moholy-Nagy University of Art and Design
– Hartmut Koenitz, chair COST action INDCOR, president of ARDIN network
The proposed dates for organizing the game jam are flexible between March-May 2021. The applicant can choose the topic for the game jam in coordination with the INDCOR Core Group.
This task is suitable for a PhD student or early career researcher who would like to take on a leading role and also learn more about game jam methodologies. This is an excellent opportunity for international networking and for taking an active role in the INDCOR project.
The assignment contains the following tasks:
- Writing the call of game jam and propose a subject for the ComplexityJam (with the help of Ágnes and Hartmut and in coordination with the CG)
- Publicize the event among the partner institutions of INDCOR (and beyond)
- Reaching out to various game jam communities
- Create the visual identity of ComplexityJam’s current edition
- Create an international jury (the jury members will be chosen together with INDCOR CG). This means to identify, reach out to, and keep in touch with jury members throughout the event.
- Preparing decision making aids for the jury (criteria etc.)
- Manage the game jam’s Discord channel
- Provide technical help, or find volunteers to provide technical help
- Write and distribute press releases
If you are interested please send us your CV with your affiliation and an e-mail stating the following:
- Why are you interested in organizing the game jam? (2-3 sentences)
- Have you organized a game jam before?
- What topic would you suggest for the next edition of ComplexityJam?
- What dates do you propose for the 7-days long game jam?
There is no financial compensation, but the organizer will gain experience, facilitate the development of great games and will work with Ágnes and Hartmut. It is an excellent opportunity for networking, especially with the aim to create new opportunities for research cooperations. The submissions of the game jam later serve as examples for analysis by INDCOR members.
You can visit the previous edition’s submissions too.
If you are interested please send your application by January, 20, 2021 to: hkoenitz AT gmail DOT com and bakkagnes AT gmail DOT com